Friday, March 10, 2017

A Little Bit of This and a Little bit of That

I won!! I won!! This fantastic bundle of fabric strips from Wendy of the Constant Quilter blog! You can visit her blog HERE, she always has something fabulous going on! There are so many great fabrics included in these strips. I had a plan for them, but now that I have seen them I thinking about something different.








I stopped by our local quilt shop which is also a drop off point for our guild and picked up a "kit" for another charity quilt. The ladies grouped together donated fabric and gave us a pattern for a Turning Twenty quilt. I not sure if I will use that pattern or not.





While I was there I was given this nice bundle of scraps which some of the ladies had put aside for me.





And then I did a little shopping online. Most of these will probably be used in my Yankee Diary quilt.






Then as soon as I saw this quilt in my latest copy of American Patchwork & Quilting it went right on my to make list. I ordered  some cheddar and  I  already have some red, but it is hiding right now and did not want to come out for a photo.  I have more than enough strings!


String Theory by Sharon Tucker in the April 2017 issue Of American Patchwork &Quilting






And I got a couple more of Cheri's patterns








I have been working on my HST's for the Goose in the Puddle SAL being hosted  by Randy of the Barrister's Block blog. I am finally getting the hang of using my Bloc Loc ruler and I am loving it. You can read more about the SAL  HERE.

I don't have a rotating cutting mat but I use a piece I cut off of an old mat and it works just fine.





Next up is my progress on the Dragonfly baby quilt. Three applique blocks done!







Now if you have stayed with me through all of that, here is a video of  a gentleman caller we had the other day.


13 comments:

  1. some lovely fabric you have here, what a good idea too that people donate what they do not want for others to make up, liking the charity quilt pattern.The applique looks so good did my first piece the other day. Off to check out the SAL now though I have said no more BOMs etc never mind if I think I can do this one I can squeeze one more in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy! Love that Cheddar and Red string quilt. I actually got to see it in person and it was so vivid!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new project from AP&Q. Looks like you have a lot of fun things to work on.
    I've always wanted to see a moose, how neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a very young gentleman caller! I'm guessing your dog wanted to have a closer encounter with him.

    Looks like you've got some busy time ahead with those fabrics and projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your visitor. Congratulations on your win. So many pretty fabrics for your Yankee Diary quilt. Love the bloc_Loc rulers for trimming HST.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the string quilt too. It's on my list. Have a pleasant day sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the dragonflies! You do great applique work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little of this and that are adding up to some fun things. New fabrics to play with, new ideas to stitch, and sweet appliques to finish along with watching for moose in your backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gongrates on the win! That is always fun!! Looks like you have a lot goinf on. I love the string teary pattern. It reminds me a lot of Lori D.'s "Under the Big Top". It looks just as cool but without all those HST's! Love the video. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are really racking up the projects, Rebecca. I love that quilt from AP&Q. ALMOST bought the magazine, pretending I would make it. : )
    Great Fabrics for the Yankee Diary quilt.
    Your make-do rotating mat does the job--that's all that matters.
    That baby quilt is going to be SO sweet!
    Enjoyed watching Mr. Moose. One summer when I was in college I worked at a private club for fishermen along the Snake River in Idaho, and we had many a moose visitor. Your video took me back to those days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your fabric win/prize! You have some wonderful projects lined up. You're dragonfly blocks are so precious, this is going to be such a sweet quilt. Thanks for sharing the video of your moose visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have been busy! I love your choices for Yankee Diary. I am planning on doing it, but not sure I will make it on time for each block. The moose is adorable. I know people think we are crazy to like these strange creatures, but I love them! There is a swamp not are from my house and although we live in town we have had a cow and calf on our street before. Thanks for sharing that great video.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see your version of String Theory. Strings are so fun and they go together pretty quickly. Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They bring sunshine to my day!