Thursday, January 12, 2017

Westering Women and Squishy Mail

A Happy New Year to everyone!

I got some fabric goodness in the mail today so had to update this post. Randy, who blogs at Barrister's Block, sent me some lovely bits and pieces from her French General fabrics, which she very generously share with several bloggers. Such a treat! Right now she is making some awesome tiny log cabin blocks! Make sure you check them out, HERE.




I am still thinking over my quilting plans for this new year. Though I know definetly there will be two baby quilts made. I am going over my WIPs, UFOs, and patterns. I did have one goal still left form 2016  that I wanted to finish quickly and that was my Westering Women blocks from Barbara Brackman's BOM, you can read about Westering Women HERE. She is starting another BOM soon called, Yankee Diary, you can read about that HERE. It begins January 25 and is going to include some applique blocks this time.

I enjoyed this BOM and one of the aspects I really liked were Barbara posts as we traveled westward with these brave women, reading about their lives and their journey.

I got busy and finished the last five blocks. (I was five blocks behind! How did that happen!)

Chimney Rock

Sage Bud

Rocky Mountain Chain

Bear's Paw

Road to California




All twelve blocks together. Now to decide on a setting. Barbara has given several suggestions.





I did have to buy one new pattern! 




Happy Quilting, Rebecca

13 comments:

  1. Your work amazes me . . . your corners are always perfect. Is there anything you can't do? Beautiful work, always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good with your Westering Women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your Westering Women blocks and you did a fabulous job with Sage Bud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a lovely job with these blocks, Rebecca. The reproduction fabrics look amazing! Can't wait to see what setting you choose. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. some lovey blocks here, amazed how good are you having only one ufo from 2016, maybe you would like a few of mine to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those old blocks from the time of the Pioneer woman in your country!
    Your new pattern is awsome and will be fun to make I am sure! Never a dull moment when you are a quilter huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are very well done!
    The new pattern.....lots of applique on that border. A beautiful design. I can see what you purchased the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Squishy mail ~ love it! What a generous woman to share her fabric! BOM blocks sound like lots of fun to make. Your colors are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Piecing perfection!! Your blocks look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun with Randy's scraps! : )
    Your blocks all look really good!
    Cranberry Basket is a really pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the photo in your header. Your WW blocks are great. I just finished my quilt top and hope to post a picture later today. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They bring sunshine to my day!