Thursday, December 22, 2016

Merry Christmas!



I just want to wish each of you a Very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year! I am so thankful for all of the wonderful friends I have made through blogging. You are each a special blessing in my life.



I did finish the Christmas gift quilts and even made an extra one. I also made dozens and dozens of cinnamon rolls, white fruitcake, cookies, fudge and peanut butter fudge. Now it is time to relax for a bit, straighten up my sewing area and decide what projects I want to focus on now. And catch up on my blog reading!  With the Winter Soltice now behind us we will gradually start gaining daylight, I think we will gain a minute or two today.



This is the "Black" quilt for one of my granddaughters. It finished at 72" x 72". This was the one I thought I would have trouble with but it came together  smoothly.






I  love the backing fabric I used on this so much that I plan to order more to use on future quilts.









This is the quilt I made for my teenage basketball loving, playing, grandson. I thought that this would be a simple quilt, but I changed patterns several times and now wished I had placed some solid squares in it to tone it down a little. It finished at 70" x 80".  I hope he likes it!




I used a free pattern called "Knock On Wood" by Riley Blake. You can find it on their website HERE.
I could not do a link to this specific pattern.






My brothers quilt, Smokey Mountain Stars. It finished at 70" x78" and made it  to Washington!









This is the 'extra' quilt. One of my older grandson's girlfriend has a little girl about 1 1/2 years old.. So of course she has to have a quilt! I dug through the stash and was surprised how many pinks I found. I only purchased a few white/pink prints and pink minky for the backing. It finished at 40" x 48". I hope she will like to cuddle up with it.



Sorry it looks a little wrinkled up, I had it all folded up for wrapping, then remembered to take a photo.




Just a simple loopy meander, I did not use a batting but a piece of flannel so it would not be too heavy.






Happy Quilting, Rebecca







12 comments:

  1. They are just lovely (the scrappy stars has my heart) and congrats on the finishes. Happy Holidays to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I recently did a very similar quilt with browns, for the one you did with black. Quite striking. And I love the scrappy stars. I need to put that one on my list for next year. Unless you want to make one for me? No? I figured. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black quilt is very striking, and I love the backing, as well!
    Made a basketball quilt for my youngest son years ago--yours brings back those memories. I don't think he will care how busy it may seem to your eyes. : )
    Love Smoky Mountain Stars! I'll bet that was a welcome gift.
    Very thoughtful of you to make that sweet pink quilt. I think flannel as the center layer is a good call!
    Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful quilts - I have one more cookie recipe to make and a coffee cake Christmas Eve, put the binding on a tea cozy and I'm done. Merry Christmas to you and I bet you are glad the days will begin to get lighter now - granted slowly - but to be expected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely selection of quilts you have made for your nearest and dearest, wishng you a lovely Christmas and a joyful new year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your finishes are awesome! Have a very Merry Christmas and blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Minkee for a backing has got to be extra cozy - amazing finishes for you and all those sweet rolls too! Have a beautiful Christmas and everything that is good for 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, you have been in over-drive, haven't you? I'm pretty impressed. Love, love the black quilt. I enjoy choosing special backings for quilts. Makes them so special. Wishing youand those you love a very Merry Christmas! Looking forward to the 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm impressed, you've been busy! I hope you have a chance to relax over the holidays. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely quilts that you have made! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We knew you had been busy, but you have been busy! Every quilt will be loved and enjoyed and all those delicious items that have come have come from your kitchen will be definitely enjoyed as well. Merry Christmas and feel good that your area will be staying light a minute more each day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Busy girl . . . look at all the love that you have shared. I believe that giving someone a quilt to cozy up in, is like giving them a big hug, one that goes on and on until one day years and years from now their quilt is wore and tattered from all the hugs and love . . . and you the maker has a warm place in their hearts forever.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They bring sunshine to my day!