Sunday, July 17, 2016

It's a Top! It's A Flimsy! No! It's a Quilt!

So I have been absent from blogland and the world of the internet for a while. It was not intentional, just busy with life and busy with quilting. I have been concentating on my little quilts for our guild's silent auction this year. It will be held at our local fair on July 29 - 30.

My first quilt for the auction is a Lori Smith pattern titled "Bluebirds in the Flower Garden".  It measures 16" x 20". I did needle turn applique and hand quilted it.



Bluebirds in the Flower Garden.



My next item for the auction is a Tiny Tumbler quilt. It measures 15" x  20". I used my tiny Civil War repro fabric scraps for this one. I machine pieced and quilted this one. I love this one so much I may make a second one for myself. I think it would be a great little table topper.







And I finally finished my Lozenge quilt from Bonnie Hunter's 2014 Leader/Ender Challenge! You can read more about it HERE.  It has been sitting around quite a while waiting to be quilted. I just did a loopy meander for the quilting. I also use my leftover pieces of binding to finish it off. I have lots more leftover binding pieces. I always seem to make way too much, but it works out okay because I have ready made binding for my scrappy quilts.







So many fabrics and so many memories!

 I made my son welding hats with the fish and flame fabrics.

Lots of fabric pieces from quilts made for grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Tools and bugs for boys.








Happy Quilting! Rebecca

13 comments:

  1. My favorite is the blue birds. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the minis!! Congrats on finishing your lozenges quilt - in time for the new challenge that Bonnie will put out on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your finishes. That tumbler quilt is almost a thimble quilt. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your silent auction quilts. They'll be very popular, for sure. What a fantastic finish with the lozenger quilt. I can't believe the different fabrics that are included. Wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love those memory scrappy quilts. Your lozenge quilt is wonderful, as are the minis. I especially love the tiny tumblers. Good luck with the silent auction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I was in your guild I would be bidding (silently, of course) on both of your little quilts, hoping to go home with one or the other. So cute!
    Love the scrappy goodness of the lozenge quilt. I need to use up my leftover binding pieces that way, but first I need to get a large, scrappy quilt all quilted. : )
    Great new header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. to beauties for the auction, especially loving the bluebirds, your lozenge quilt looks so good too and full of memories for you. Scrappy quilts get my vote everytime

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one of the things I love most about scrap quilts - the memories they invoke! Your Lozenge quilt is gorgeous and makes me wish I had made one too. Maybe I will start one! And I love the quilts you've made for the auction - wish I could win that lovely Applique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many fabrics and so many tiny pieces! Amazing! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy to catch up with what you have been doing...very busy you have been! Love all the fabrics you included in the lozenge quilt / memories make it even more special. Hope you are staying cool - heard Fairbanks area hit 100 - we are liking the 60's down here in Homer. DH did well halibut fishing - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rebecca, You are a quilting genius . . . I absolutely love visiting your blog and seeing the amazing work that you do. Love, love, love the Tiny Tumbler quilt and your Lozenge quilt is a masterpiece. You blow my mind!
    Happy quilting.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quilt. Love your lozenge quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They bring sunshine to my day!